If you wish for your smile to survive the ages, it is important to care for your teeth at all times beyond brushing and flossing daily. Environmental factors can destroy a lifetime’s worth of work with a single oral accident, so be sure to always exercise caution when it comes to your smile. Keep tooth hazards at bay with these helpful tips:
– Avoid unsafe vices such as drugs and tobacco, as they can all seriously harm your smile.
– If you wear mouth jewelry, be careful of the perils they pose, including being ripped loose, or cracking and chipping teeth.
– Avoid opening products or materials with your mouth, such as cans and soda bottles.
– Contact sports and activities that put your mouth in a place where it can be damaged will increase your likelihood of an oral accident.
– Be careful of the foods you bite into, as some can chip or crack your tooth enamel.
– Chewing on inedible objects such as pens or pen caps can cause microscopic harm to your teeth or even minor malocclusions that knock your teeth out of position.
If you are ready to take the next step to achieve a glorious smile, set an appointment with Trinity Dental Center at our dentist office in Anderson, South Carolina. We can easily be reached at 864-642-4630. Dr. Robert Berkowitz and the rest of our team look forward to taking your smile into the future with optimum oral health care!